IPL Thread vein removal
Our IPL with radio frequency is an effective treatment for thread veins, sometimes called “spider veins”, and known by the medical term “telangiectasia”.
IPL consists of sophisticated flash gun that is flashed into the treatment area, heating the red colouration in the blood in the veins, causing the veins to collapse and break down. Sometime the veins lighten immediately, and sometimes they darken.
This process is repeated over the entire treatment area. Over the next few weeks, the colouration in the veins lightens more, and is eventually absorbed.
An average of 3-6 treatments are usually required about 4-6 weeks apart, but a few people are lucky in that one treatment is sufficient, and maintenance treatments may be required 6-12 months apart as some people are predisposed to the condition, and other environmental factors. Lighter skin types respond better, and dark skin may not be suitable for treatment.
How does it work?
- The treatment area is made ready
- The IPL flashes with some RF energy
- Heat is absorbed by the veins
- The vein collapses
- The vein breaks down and is reabsorbed
What do I get?
- A patch test and consultation, covering medical history, expectations, pre- and post-treatment advice
- Typically 30 mins per treatments
- Course of treatments, typically 3-6
- Treatments typically 4-6 weeks apart.