What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive and quick procedure to deeply exfoliate and remove the fine vellus hair (peach fuzz) from the face. It leaves the face immediately smoother, glowing and has no down time except that it is best not to wear make-up the same day.
- Exfoliates the skin – up to three weeks of dead skin cells are removed leaving fresher, smoother skin better able to absorb skin care products
- Rejuvenation – eliminates fine lines and reduces hyperpigmentation and some scars over a number of sessions
- Removes facial hair – removing the peach fuzz especially benefits the application of make-up
- Painless – using a sterile scalpel and a delicate touch I am trained to dermaplane the surface of the skin using light feathery strokes
- Frequency – repeat 3 to 6 weeks if tackling issues, or just periodically for a skin boost
Dermaplaning is suitable for men and women of all ages
Award Winning Organic Dermaplane UK Aesthetics Skin Care used during your treatment.
I’m really pleased with the results of my treatment. I deal with mild acne and feel that this has helped the renewal of my skin, it looked glowy and felt smooth straight after and still does now a week later! Plus my foundation and skin makeup applies and looks visibly more seamless as a result so will definitely be returning again.
What treatments can be combined with Dermaplaning?
As a trained, qualified and experienced therapist, and as long as I have had experience with your skin, I will be able to advise what other treatments can be combined to get the best for your skin such as the Steam Clean Facial or RadioFrequency etc.
I am a trained and qualified Dermaplane UK Professional
A recent client says, “I’ve always used fairly light coverage foundation but it was starting to look really claggy every time I put it on and I was contemplating having to get thicker coverage foundation. But since having this treatment, my foundation goes on really smoothly. I’m really delighted with the result. “
Some useful pre and post care notes
- No laser treatment, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaning treatments.
- You should wait 14 days after receiving botox or dermal fillers.
- For your own sake, no active cold sore. Reschedule instead!
- There is no pain or discomfort during the Dermaplaning procedure. It is best to relax and allow me to move and manipulate your head and face.
- Try to remain still. No gum/sweets during the treatment and talking will be restricted at certain key times!
Post Treatment Instructions
- No recovery time, following treatment, you may immediately return to your normal activities, except no makeup today!
- Use nothing else today then a gentle cleanser and apply moisturiser at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment
- Do apply serums as absorption levels will be elevated.
- Avoid excessive heat, sun beds, steam rooms/saunas, sun exposure for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a hat, and seek shade when possible.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- No scrubs, peels, or aggressive brushes for 7 days.
- Be sparing with self-tan, remember absorption levels are elevated.
- You may experience a slight windburn sensation post treatment and skincare products may tingle slightly, this is normal for the first few days.
The Therapist’s Therapist!
After being curious about this process for some time, I saw my friend who I hadn’t seen for a nearly a year and I noticed some key changes in her skin. It was the rejuvenating properties which struck me the most and so invaluable. This obviously required some more investigation and personal experience and I am delighted to share with you the contact details of my Dermaplaning Therapist if you would like to see her: Jackie of And Relax Holistic And Beauty Therapies in her lovely treatment room in Winsford.
More about Dermaplaning
This is a great treatment for clients who are pregnant or nursing who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin. It is also a first choice for patients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the patient healthier looking skin.
Although merely an old wives’ tale, many patients are often concerned that the hair will grow back heavier and darker after dermaplaning. This is not the case. As long as the hair is superficial vellus hair, it will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment.
Removing epidermal skin also allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers. Physicians may recommend this treatment to prepare the skin for medical procedures such as laser treatments or deep chemical peels. It also may be used by estheticians to prepare the skin for superficial chemical peels or before a cleansing facial.
Dermaplaning is most often used on patients with rough, dry skin, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance.
As a mature therapist with a good experience and understanding of skin and various issues, I have an ethical and non-invasive approach to skin care and skin treatments and am very thorough and caring in my approach. Your satisfaction is my aim with a realistic approach to skin care and what is achievable. Did I say that I am thorough? And hopefully uplifting. Clients usually enjoy their treatments with me and leave with a spring in their step!